Our Brampton, ON client is a designer and manufacturer of packaging with manufacturing facilities in United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
|Position Summary:The Maintenance Manager is responsible for establishing and executing automated preventive and routine maintenance plans and writing/ revising maintenance related SOPs and KPIs. You will ensure equipment productivity, its reliability; safe work practices and compliance with company policy.Major Responsibilities:
- Lead the maintenance team, comprised of a diverse group of tradesmen and other maintenance personnel.
- Ensures preventive/corrective and routine maintenance functions are properly conducted while maintaining quality standards as per Plant polices.
- Ensure preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, facilities maintenance issues are addressed on a timely and pro active basis.
- Maintain all production machines to ensure maximum running efficiency.
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees and actively participate in the plant safety program.
- Make periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating condition and assess/prioritize need for repairs or adjustments.
- Plan and schedule routine and preventive maintenance of all equipment.
- Supervise and rigorously monitor team and external contractors to ensure work quality, adherence to deadlines, and adherence to plant safety/food standards.
- Administer, organize schedules, work orders, task assignments and monitor work quality/quantity.
- Coach and train the maintenance team.
- Ensure Total Production Maintenance (TPM) implementation
- Lead regularly scheduled work group meetings
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance management experience
- BS Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Licensed Millwright 433A and Industrial Electrician 442A is a plus.
- Experience inextruded plastic processing is preferred.
- Experience in VFD, single and three phase motors, conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, gearboxes, servos and relays.
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting.
- In depth knowledge of preventive maintenance and programs to support.
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Knowledge of 5s, and lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be available on call and work on weekends when required.
Phone: (416) 931-0520
Fax: (905) 475-1605