Software Developer II
Warner Levy Strategic Consultants is seeking a candidate for a key member of our client’s Software Development team. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of high quality, reliable, sustainable, high performance software to satisfy technical designs and architects for customer solutions and problems. This role offers a continuous learning environment where each assignment presents the opportunity to further extend the individuals knowledge, skill set and career advancement. Individuals in this role will thrive through training, tools, high quality internal infrastructure and network of personnel to ensure they have every opportunity to succeed.
Desired skills and experience
- 4+ years of enterprise software development experience (ideally mission-critical server software) in Java;
- Telecommunications industry experience is an asset
- Working experience in high-performance application design (multi-threading, queuing, caching, asynchronous) an asset
- Working experience in implementation of Design Patterns an asset
- Working experience in distributed programming (RMI, SOAP/XML, CORBA) an asset
- Demonstrated low-level design experience
- Strong experience in web-based application development; Client side technologies is an asset
- Solid knowledge and understanding of 3-tier application architecture;
- Experience in writing and executing unit test cases;
- Demonstrated team work and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Working within Agile environment is an asset
- Analytical and detail oriented;
- Flexible, energetic and confident; ability to drive delivery in a dynamic organization
- Ability to train and mentor junior members of the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all organizational level.
- Works as part of a development team to deliver software to satisfy functional requirements of solutions and problems for customers in the wireless telecom industry to design, develop, test and document software;
- Works within defined software development process to ensure product specifications are met;
- Works with project managers to provide software development effort estimates
- Supports and maintains existing software;
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience
- Takes ownership of own personal growth and career planning with appropriate direction from Management.
- 4+ years
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Computer or Electrical Engineering.
All candidates must reside locally.
Only Selected & Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Phone: (416) 931-0520
Fax: (905) 475-1605